- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Thorpe Lodge, Norwich
- Salary details:
- £32,393 to £36,935 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 09 October 2022 11:30 PM
Are you a person-centred and driven HR professional looking for the next step in your career?
We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to join our evolving HR Team.
Working within a friendly, supportive and established HR team, with a strong belief in their ability to make a difference, we are looking for a colleague with the same passion and positivity. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge, skills and experience and put this into practice, supporting across a wide range of HR matters; ensuring our people are engaged, high performing and demonstrate our core values and behaviours.
What you could be part of…
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
Our HR Team is a fast-paced team where we work closely with the organisation. In this role you will be part of an innovative and growing team who are striving for a first-class service. Collaborating with the wider HR team to ensure the smooth delivery of all strategic objectives. This is a fantastic role where you really can make a difference!
What you’ll be doing…
- Act as the first point of contact for all complex HR queries/activities giving operational and technical advice and support to managers and colleagues with all aspects of the colleague lifecycle, ensuring all legal, statutory and process obligations are adhered to in a timely and efficient manner, or referring to HR Business Partners as appropriate
- Oversee and manage the administrative function for HR and L&OD. Responsible for the coordination and work allocation, training, process improvements and changes in line with the current Employment Law and Council Legislation
- Working with the L&OD team, this role will support the One Team induction and onboarding programme
- Contribute to production of and roll out the Council’s policies, procedures, and processes, partnering with the HR and L&OD Lead Team when required to support central initiatives and processes
- Manage all aspects of Employee Relations cases through to completion, identifying risks and escalating to the HR Business Partners where appropriate
You must have…
- Relevant HR qualification and/or equivalent level of experiential learning or demonstration of transferrable skills
- Previous experience in managing a function or a small team of employees or willing to undertake management qualification and coaching
- Member of professional HR body (CIPD) or willingness to obtain from start date
- General and current knowledge of UK Employment Law and Legislation
- Experienced in dealing with employee relations experience, including managing cases from inception through to successful completion and supporting HR Business Partners with early intervention and informal resolution
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options are available for employees where operationally possible. Please ask the recruiting manager what these look like for the role you are applying for.
Where Are We Located?
Plan your travel route and find out where the Council office sites are located?
Our website has an amazing interactive map showing all our Council sites and the travel and route plan for each.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a designated wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager, a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
9 October 2022
*The Councils reserve the right to close the any and all vacancies after 1 week, if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or human resources, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Recruiting Manager Name
Recruiting Manager Email
Recruiting Manager Phone
If you want to learn more about the Councils, then please visit our joint website- South Norfolk and Broadland District Councils Website.
For lots of great information about employee life at the Councils please visit the above linked pages or visit our Jobs and Training Courses website page.
For information on how we use your data and the Councils Data Protection Policy please have a look at the Councils website.