- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Diss Leisure Centre, Diss; Framingham Earl High School Sports Centre, Poringland; Ketts Park, Wymondham; Long Stratton Leisure Centre, Norwich; Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- £19,177 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 19 September 2021 11:30 PM
Helping Leisure bounce back better.
Do you want to support a newly formed team responsible for leisure business development, driving sales and improving service. This is an exciting time for the service and an opportunity to help set the foundations for a leisure service that will serve the community well into the future.
What you could be part of…
Over the last six years South Norfolk Council has invested heavily in its leisure facilities, giving its residents access to the sort of facilities that other councils can only be envious of. But, we’re ambitious for our residents not only for our physical centres but the quality of our service. We are passionate about delivering a consistently high-quality service, especially in the post-Covid world where we know that health and well-being is paramount. Our One Team approach presents an opportunity to build on what we’ve achieved over recent years, to bounce back better after Covid and extend our impact to even more residents across South Norfolk and Broadland.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Support the Activities Manager and Business Development Manager (Sales and Service) in the delivery of all activity programmes.
- Be responsible for the administration of all activity programmes, performance reporting, assisting with establishing work patterns and raising purchase orders.
- Assisting the Activities Manager with creating the structure of activities to ensure these are as enjoyable as possible and make the most of the time/space.
- Deliver excellent customer care by championing customer service improvements within the service.
You must have…
Educated to at least GCSE Level, including Maths and English. Hold recognised qualifications in relation to Swim School and Kids Camp or be able to obtain these.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Rob Adams on email@example.com to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role by logging into our website.
Closing date: This advert will close when sufficient applications have bene recieved.