- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Diss Leisure Centre, Diss
- Salary details:
- £17,940 per annum
- Job term:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing date:
- 30 September 2021 11:30 PM
Do you have as much enthusiasm as our customers?
Role Snapshot… Do you enjoy fitness, wellbeing and thrive on being part of busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public working? Want to work in a modern setting with latest equipment? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Diss Leisure Centre had over 4.5 million invested in 2016 ensuring our facilities are some of the best in the area, each week we run 40+ fitness classes. Our swim school classes have waiting lists due to their popularity and we continue to want to offer more.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focused services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Supervise the pool area
- Set up activities within the centre.
- Assist with show rounds from the public, schools and private hire.
- Ensure the centre is well run and ready for business
- Our teams work across our 5 leisure centres, so you need to be able to have your own means of transport and enjoy this flexible working style
You must have…
Either have or be prepared to complete a NPLQ National Pool Lifeguard and a First Aid Qualification. Previous experience in a leisure centre, with good concentration skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our customers.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Meghan Stopper on firstname.lastname@example.org to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role via our website.
Closing date: This role will close when a suitable number of applicants have been recieved.