- South Norfolk and Broadland Councils
- Place of work:
- Diss Leisure Centre, Diss; Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- £13.76 - £16.17 per hour
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Various - Mornings and Evenings Mon – Fri, and Sat Morning
- Closing date:
- 04 January 2022 01:00 PM
Looking to be a part of a brilliant swim teacher team, teaching and developing skills to a wide range of people? Then look no further as here at Wymondham Leisure Centre we are offering just that! Joining our swim school team, with over 1400 members and counting, will give you that chance to deliver fun and effective lessons. Want to know more read on…
What you could be part of…
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Organising, planning and evaluating a high quality structured swim programme using the ASA National Plan for Teaching Swimming
- Ensuring lessons are fun as well as progressive and encouraging future progression from swimming lessons
- Delivering a high quality customer service through welcoming all users of the facilities ensuring you promote a positive image of both the centre and the Council as whole
- As well as teaching our 'Learn to Swim' programme, we are especially interested to hear from candidates who are experienced in delivering Group, Adult and Child, individual or 2:1 lessons.
You must have…
- ASA Level 2 Swimming Teachers
- National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches or National Pool Lifeguard qualification
- Experience planning and delivering swimming sessions to groups of mixed abilities
- Motivation and the ability to enthuse others to develop their swimming skills
- Good communication, planning and organisational skills
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
Please note that this post involves weekend and evening working, you may also be asked to work at other centres as and when required. This post is also subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Please apply online for this role by logging into our website, and completing your statement of supporting evidence. This should include how you meet the criteria set out in the role profile, the reasons for applying and the contribution you would expect to make if appointed. Please include the hours that you would like to apply for within your application.
Contact Rob Adams at Rob.Adams@southnorfolkandbroadland.gov.uk for further information.