- South Norfolk Council
- Place of work:
- Wymondham Leisure Centre, Wymondham
- Salary details:
- £8.93 - £9.55 ph
- Job term:
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Various casual hours available
- Closing date:
- 08 February 2019 01:00 PM
Key information: Opportunities to enhance earning potential by delivering classes and PT off shift, this post involves weekend and evening working. You may also be asked to work at other centres as and when required.
Help to improve people’s quality of life.
Do you enjoy fitness, wellbeing and thrive on being part of busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public working? Want to work in a modern setting with latest equipment? Then read on...
What you could be part of:
Join the team of a 3000 member leisure centre in the thriving market town of Wymondham. The centre is modern and boasts an 80+ station fitness facility with a comprehensive functional training area in addition to free weights, cardio and fixed weights. The role is part time and the successful candidate would be encouraged to develop a Personal Training Business and teach group exercise classes in addition.
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervising the fitness areas
- Carrying out inductions, orientations and programmes
- Assisting with show rounds from the public and schools
- Ensuring the centre is well run and ready for business
- Our teams work across our 3 leisure centres so need to be able to have their own means transport and enjoy this flexible working style
- Personal training or class teaching (for those with level 3 fitness qualification and class instructing qualifications).
You must have:
A Level 2 fitness qualification as well as previous experience in a leisure/fitness environment carrying out gym inductions, fitness programmes and supporting members progress. You must also have with strong customer service, communication and team working skills.
You may still have questions and can contact Matt Allen on (01953) 607171 to answers these for you.
This is an on-going recruitment campaign, however the advert will close once sufficient applications have been received.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.