- Wenhaston Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £17,711 pro rata
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 05 June 2020 01:00 PM
9 hpw, 1pm - 3.15pm, four afternoons per week, 38 weeks per year.
Fixed term initially until July 2021 with the probability of the position being required until July 2023.
Required from September 2020.
Wenhaston Primary School is an established primary school and part of a thriving multi-academy trust, ASSET Education.
We would like to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work in our lovely school rated 'Good' by Ofsted in January 2020.
You will have appropriate training and experience. The post is to support learning on a 1:1 basis with a Year 3 pupil but the role includes supporting teachers across the school to deliver high-quality learning to all pupils. You will preferably have had experience of working with KS1 and 2 pupils, as well as with small groups or individual children, some of whom may have Special Educational Needs. You will assist staff to ensure that the aims and objectives of the school are achieved.
We will offer you supportive and friendly staff who work together as a team:
- where 'Staff know each pupil well. There is a real family feel to this small school. Teachers and pupils get on well. These positive relationships help create the school's calm and purposeful environment. In the playground, older pupils take care of younger children and they play happily together.' Ofsted January 2020
- forward thinking approaches to learning, professional development and school improvement
- quality support and training opportunities from Asset Education Trust.
We would like to interview you if you:
- have experience in working with primary aged children
- can demonstrate the ability to form strong and positive relationships with children and adults, including parents
- are able to contribute to the whole school community
- have confidence to work as part of a team, demonstrating flexibility and contributing to the continuing development of the school
- have recognised qualifications in English and mathematics to GCSE level
- have experience of supporting children with varying Special Educational Needs.
Interview date: 9 June 2020.