- Melton Primary School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £41,989 - £44,106
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 20 January 2020 01:00 PM
Required from 20 April 2020.
Are you an outstanding teacher with experience of middle leadership?
Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge?
Now is the time to join the amazing children and dedicated staff at Melton, a forward-thinking school. Located at the heart of Melton village, the school is driven by a strong, nurturing ethos which supports the development of the whole child. Melton children enjoy learning, and this is reflected in their excellent behaviour and attitudes towards challenge.
You will be responsible for sustaining the essential vision of the school through developing and improving the quality of education offered to the pupils in the school, evaluating and developing implementation of the curriculum and supporting the wider needs of the school.
We are seeking an experienced teacher who can inspire our students and staff to build on the strong foundation of our school. This is an opportunity for a passionate leader who shares our vision and commitment to providing a holistic and well-rounded education for all students.
The post requires the ability to demonstrate a strong track record of leadership experience and management skills and a committed to providing the best education and opportunities for our children whilst retaining the happy and supportive culture that allows our pupils and staff to thrive.
Our vision is for our children to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that places high value on learning, enjoyment and the wellbeing of all our students. To help deliver this we are seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Headteacher to work with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead the implementation of the curriculum
- Develop programmes of CPD and ensure high-quality teaching and learning across the school
- Use data to evaluate the impact of the curriculum for all pupils
- Ensure the active involvement of pupils and staff in their own learning
- Be an excellent role model, exemplifying a high standard of teaching and promoting high expectations for all members of the school community
- Support the development of collaborative approaches to learning within the school and beyond
- Play a leading role in the school improvement and school self-evaluation planning process
- Line manage subject team leaders and quality assure action planning to secure continual improvements to provision
- Lead staff performance management meetings and when required devise personal improvement plans.
- Experience as an outstanding teacher and school leader
- Highly effective team leader, able to motivate and engage other staff in change and the implementation of new ideas
- Proven team management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development.
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange, please contact Alun Davies, Headteacher via email: email@example.com or telephone (01394) 382506.
For more information and an application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, an application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Please return your completed application to the school: Melton Primary School, Melton Road, Woodbridge IP12 1PG.
Interview date: 5 February 2020.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.