- Saxmundham Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 25 June 2021 01:00 PM
- 1 year fixed term
- Required from September 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to join an Academy team with a collaborative ethos and career opportunities.
We are part of Avocet Academy Trust, a group of five rural schools. Our strong philosophy puts the child at the centre of everything we do and we value collaboration and challenge to achieve this.
Saxmundham is a busy and exciting school where the staff and children are committed to their on-going development and improvement.
All children at our school have a wide range of opportunities available to them to be involved in school life. The school council, eco council, sports teams, choir and annual performances provide a wealth of activities beyond everyday lessons.
As a professional interested in furthering your career development we offer quality CPD on a regular basis and the support of colleagues within school and also the wider Academy.
Our school successfully operates a method of team teaching which has seen a reduction in teacher workload and as a result a low turnover of staff - this is a golden opportunity to join our team.
We are looking for teacher who:
- is passionate about teaching and learning and is able to motivate and inspire pupils and colleagues
- is an outstanding practitioner, with a good understanding of the essential characteristics of effective learning and teaching
- will deliver creative, inspiring and enriching learning opportunities
- will set high expectations and standards for all children
- will work in a team and form positive relationships with staff, pupils and parents.
We can offer:
- a welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team dedicated to raising standards
- happy children who are eager to learn and make the most of their time in our school
- well behaved children
- a school that strives for every child to reach their true potential
- supportive staff and governors
- opportunities to grow and develop as a professional.
Benefits of working for Avocet Academy Trust include being part of a highly supported team, great training opportunities and enrolment to the Local Government Pension scheme.
You are unable to visit the school prior to applying at the moment. For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Edward Pearson-Shaul, the headteacher, on (01728) 602205.
Application forms can be downloaded from the link on the right in the advert and should be accompanied by a CV and letter of application and sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: 30 June 2021.
Avocet Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.