- Guildhall Feoffment Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Bury St Edmunds
- Salary details:
- £53,724 - £62,262 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 17 June 2019 12:00 PM
Required from September 2019 / January 2020.
We are looking for an engaging, strategic leader who will take our school to the next stage of our journey to 'Outstanding', building on our strong foundations and sustaining the positive learning culture and success of our recently expanded school. Awarded 'Good' by Ofsted in 2016, the Governing Body, staff, pupils and parents are looking for someone with vision, creativity and enthusiasm to lead us in our commitment in delivering outstanding education and an enjoyable environment in which to learn and work.
The school welcomed the inclusion of Year 5 and 6 cohorts in 2016 and is looking forward to continuing its development as a 4 - 11 primary school.
Our Headteacher will be:
- an outstanding communicator committed to raising standards and pupil outcomes
- highly aspirational, forward thinking and will lead by example with enthusiasm and creativity
- a proven leader, with excellent qualifications and a successful track record of delivering school improvements and leading change
- committed to empowering and challenging children and staff to fulfil their potential, including through the provision of high-quality professional development
- confident and effective in leading on the use of monitoring and assessment data to drive further improvement in pupil outcomes
- enthusiastic and ready to embrace the opportunities and challenges that will arise in the future development of our school.
In addition, our Headteacher will:
- continue the professional association with the Lark Teaching School
- maintain an outward-facing school which fosters engagement with other schools and the wider community, including reviewing the opportunity to become an academy and join a multi-academy trust.
We are proud to offer:
- a much-loved traditional school with lots of charm and character, located in the beautiful town centre of Bury St Edmunds
- a consistently high achieving school with outstanding features
- happy, enthusiastic children who have a wonderfully positive attitude to school life and a love of learning
- a high-quality learning environment and facilities
- highly trained and dedicated staff who have a desire to succeed collectively and for our children to be happy, healthy and aspirational
- a supportive Governing Body committed to success.
Roll: 375; 4-11
For further information or an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: email@example.com or (01473) 263943.
Interview date: w/c 1 July 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.