- Otley and Witnesham Primary School Federation
- Place of work:
- Otley; Witnesham
- Salary details:
- £49,937 - £57,934
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 13 September 2019 12:00 PM
Required from January 2020.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and effective Executive Headteacher who will lead our two small and successful rural primary schools in the next stage of their development.
We are proud to offer:
- two 'Good' schools with high aspirations, located 3 miles apart in rural Suffolk, and 5 and 8 miles from the county town of Ipswich
- children who have a wonderfully positive attitude to school life and a love of learning
- high quality learning environments and facilities in two delightful rural settings
- dedicated and highly trained staff who are committed to success and who are positively encouraged to continue their professional development
- a single federated governing body of enthusiastic, skilful and very supportive governors.
Our Headteacher will:
- be aspirational, strategic and forward thinking, and will command respect by leading with authority, enthusiasm and creativity
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who will lead by example with a limited mutually agreed classroom commitment dependent upon the evolving needs of the schools
- be highly motivated, organised and have strong interpersonal and management skills to support our staff and the wider school community
- invest in and challenge pupils and staff alike in order that they may fulfil their potential
- enhance the outward-facing federation and foster engagement with all stakeholders and communicate our vision effectively
- embrace the opportunities and challenges as the federation develops.
Roll: 156 (Otley 59, Witnesham 97) from September 2019.
We would be happy to accept applications from school leaders, including Headteachers, Heads of School, Deputy Headteachers and Assistant Headteachers with relevant strong school leadership experience and potential.
You are strongly encouraged to visit the schools. Visits can be arranged by contacting either school on (01473) 785252 or (01473) 890302 after 4 September 2019.
For further information or an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (01473) 263943.
Interview dates: 25 / 26 September 2019.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.