- Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School (Debenham)
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Maternity / Paternity Cover
- Closing date:
- 16 April 2021 12:00 PM
- £54,091 - £61,166 pa
- Maternity post expected to cover July - December 2021.
- Secondment position may be considered.
The governors at Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School are seeking to appoint a talented and ambitious senior leader to fulfil the role of Interim Headteacher.
Sir Robert Hitcham is a Church of England school and has strong parish links.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspiring, experienced leader to undertake a maternity cover role in an improving school. Our priority at the school is developing the curriculum and standards in teaching and learning. As Interim Headteacher, you will support this work moving the school through the next stage of its development.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- engaged pupils who are keen to learn by faith
- a dedicated staff who are committed to ensuring that every pupil achieves their full potential and beyond
- a governing body which provides key support and challenge.
You will be:
- an experienced senior leader looking for a challenge in their next role and keen to develop their leadership skills
- a leader who has integrity, moral purpose, presence and emotional intelligence necessary to inspire confidence from staff, pupils and parents
- an excellent practitioner who is passionate about developing and inspiring others
- able to continue the ongoing improvement journey, in line with current plans, whilst being mindful of financial constraints.
- to continue the development of our new curriculum
- supporting the quality of teaching
- leadership development of middle and senior leaders.
Main purpose of the job:
- to carry out the duties of the post in line with the remit outlined in the current School Teacher' Pay and Conditions Document including the conditions of employment for headteachers and the school's own policy
- work with the governing body to uphold the values and vision of the school and establish the policies through which they are to be achieved
- be responsible for the standards and curriculum of all pupils including monitoring of progress towards achievement
- proactively manage staff and resources
- take full responsibility for the school
- carry out professional duties of a teacher as required
- take responsibility for child protection issues as appropriate
- take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- be visible, approachable and have the resilience to the strategic and day-to-day challenges of the role.
You are strongly encouraged to visit the school prior to submitting their application.
Interview date: 29 April 2021.
For further information or an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01473) 263943.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.