- Castle Hill Junior School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 27 January 2020 01:00 PM
This post will be reporting directly to Gemma Andrews, Headteacher and will based at Castle Hill Junior School.
Castle Hill is a vibrant school within Asset Education that is developing a curriculum relevant for the 21st century. Over the last two years the academy has undergone a significant transformation with a learning community grounded in our core framework. In addition, we place great emphasis on developing children's character, using our Learning Knights, in order to prepare them for the challenges that lie ahead in both their education and life by working with Pivotal Education and Trauma Informed Schools UK. We pride ourselves on challenging teachers to exceed their potential through effective professional development based on self-reflection and self-directed learning and active research.
- share our core values and characteristics
- be innovative, passionate and determined when implementing the school curriculum
- be an excellent practitioner who is determined to engage and challenge the children with whom they work
- have a passion for learning and high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- be a strong team member who will work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
- be reflective and take responsibility for your own professional development.
Asset believes that our children deserve to be in the best schools in the country and we will relentlessly drive towards improvement and excellence to achieve this ambition. We will seek to recognise and maximise people's strengths and energy in order to engage everyone in the mission to raise aspirations, improve learning and achieve success. We will build a positive, resilient and empowering culture striving always to do better and aiming for 'excellence'. Our pupils will have strong literacy and numeracy skills and talk confidently and knowledgeably about being the best they can be. We will build the skills, knowledge, behaviours and attitudes that enable every individual to be happy, successful and fulfilled. Our curriculum will be irresistible, relevant and life-enhancing for learners and learning pitched so that all pupils are supported and challenged to achieve success
- a caring academy with a strong ethos of inclusion and providing the best opportunities for our children
- a professional challenge
- the chance to make a significant contribution to the future achievement and success of our academy
- our commitment to your professional development
- excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- something we take very seriously is staff wellbeing
- the opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite.
You are encouraged to visit or have an informal discussion about this role.
For further details, or to arrange an initial discussion with the Headteacher, please contact Joanne Sparkhall, Office Manager via email: email@example.com or call (01473) 741758.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. You are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
To apply, please see our website: www.castlehillprimary.org.uk
Interview date: 29 January 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.