- St Mary's CEVA Primary (Hadleigh)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + SEN (0.4 FTE)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 03 May 2019 12:00 PM
Required from September 2019. Fixed term contract to the end of the academic year 2019 - 20, subject to a review of the school's staffing needs.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic SENDCo to join our caring team.
- promote Christian values in the school
- support and encourage pupils positively, with a compassionate approach to meeting their needs
- be creative, flexible and an excellent practitioner
- have high expectations of what all pupils can achieve
- be committed to playing an active part in improving our school
- implement agreed strategies for school improvement positively
- be able to work in a team, have good interpersonal skills and will communicate effectively with pupils, parents, colleagues and external professionals
- be organised and maintain appropriate records effectively
- have excellent literacy skills
- be committed to continuing professional development.
The SENDCo role will focus on enabling pupils with SEND to access the curriculum and make excellent progress.
In order to achieve this, you will:
- be responsible for organising and managing day-to-day provision; supporting colleagues through sharing expertise; and liaising with parents and external agencies as required
- monitor the progress of pupils with SEND and be responsible for writing appropriate referrals and High Tariff Needs Funding applications
- work in close co-operation with the Headteacher and the school's Pastoral Support Worker.
Experience and successful completion of the SENDCo Award is preferable. Outstanding candidates without this qualification would be supported in working towards national accreditation within two years.
St Mary's is a vibrant, welcoming Church of England school with a strong Christian ethos. There are 214 pupils on roll, including the Nursery. We have an enthusiastic and dedicated staff team. St Mary's is a successful school community, rated 'Good' by Ofsted and 'Outstanding' by SIAMS.
We are proud to be part of the St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office on (01473) 823268. For further information about the school, visit our website: www.stmaryshad.co.uk
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Alternatively, download the job description, application form and guidance notes from the school website.
CVs will not be accepted.
Applications should be returned to Andrew Frolish, Headteacher, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: St Mary's C of E Primary School, Stonehouse Road, Hadleigh IP7 5BH.
Interview date: 9 May 2019.
St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.