- Gusford Community Primary School
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 19 May 2021 12:00 PM
- MPR / UPR plus SEN allowance
We are looking for an inspirational and dedicated SENDCo to further develop SEND within the school and to lead our inclusion team. Applications are welcome from both experienced SENDCos with the National accreditation and someone who has the experience listed below with a willingness to learn and to train. This is a permanent role and an exciting opportunity to play a key role in our extended leadership team.
You will have:
- a passion for SEND and an eagerness to play a key role in shaping the strategic vision for SEND
- experience working throughout a primary school, with a wide range of examples of successful SEND practice.
- up to date knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice.
- experience of working with LA and outside agencies to support children and families.
- a collaborative approach to working, and one who is able to bring their team with them.
- great communication skills, and able to work successfully with the leadership team, staff, pupils, families and outside agencies.
We will provide a supportive learning environment; employee assistance programme; extensive CPD programme; a dedicated SENDCo office; an opportunity to work closely with senior leaders as part of the extended leadership team to drive the school forward.
Gusford Primary School is part of The Active Learning Trust: www.activelearningtrust.org
As a Trust school we pride ourselves on working in close partnership in order to benefit our pupils, staff and community. Policies are available to view on the Active Learning Trust and Gusford Primary School websites. Our school website is: http://www.gusfordprimary.net
Usually a visit to our school would be strongly encouraged but under the current restrictions this is only possible after school when the pupils are not present. Our website will give you a good insight into our school if you are unable to visit in person.
If you would like any further information, or if you have any questions, please email our Headteacher Claire Claydon on: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our school office on (01473) 682148 and ask for our School Business Manager, Kerry Hawes.
Apply online via mynewterm by clicking here.
Interview date: w/c 24 May 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.