- The Ashley School Academy Trust
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + TLR2b (£4,532) + SEN (£2,149)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 08 March 2019 01:00 PM
Required from September 2019.
A unique opportunity to join our 'Outstanding' school.
The Ashley School Academy Trust is a very successful day / residential school for pupils with complex and moderate learning difficulties (MLD) KS2 - KS4.
We are looking for an outstanding, inspirational and imaginative leader to join our effective Leadership Team to support and further develop our highly regarded innovations.
You will be expected to lead the English team to ensure the continuation of outstanding standards in all areas and contribute to the further development of the school.
We are a forward-thinking school focusing on meeting every child's needs and overcoming any barriers to progress and achievement. The school is proud of its excellent provision. We support and invest in our staff and their continuous professional development, enabling outstanding outcomes for pupils. You will also be a form tutor and teach both KS3 and KS4 pupils.
Can you rise to this challenge?
Enthusiasm and commitment to working with and raising achievement for pupils with SEND is paramount.
Do you have:
- recent experience in school leadership in either mainstream or special school settings
- excellent leadership, interpersonal and organisational skills
- the ability to build exceptional relationships with SEND pupils
- high expectations for all children and young people
- commitment to raising standards
- an open mind to grow and develop with the school?
Do you have the skills to:
- lead new initiatives, monitor their progress and assess impact
- lead on English
- promote high-quality learning and teaching
- be innovative, a strategic thinker, with vision and the ability to effectively plan for future development
- inspire and support colleagues?
For a personal discussion about the school and your aspirations, please contact Sally Garrett, Headteacher.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Donna Petty, PA to make an appointment on (01502) 565439 or email: email@example.com
For an application form and further details, please contact Donna Petty, PA to Head Teacher at The Ashley School Academy Trust, Ashley Downs, Lowestoft NR32 4EU or download the pack from our website: www.ashleyschool.co.uk/news/vacancies
Interview date: 30 April 2019.
The Ashley School Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks are mandatory for all posts. We welcome diversity.