- Newmarket Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + TLR2 (£5,437)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 25 February 2019 12:00 PM
Required from September 2019.
- have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire young people to love learning
- want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive, and progressive Mathematics Department
- wish to be part of an academy that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities, irrespective of career stage
- want to help move a 'Good' school to 'Outstanding' and beyond
- have a desire to progress to leadership in the very near future?
If so, Newmarket Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Unity Schools Partnership, consisting of primary and secondary schools, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and motivational teacher to assist the Head of Mathematics in this successful department's improvement journey.
Enthusiasm for mathematics, a strong commitment to challenging young people to achieve their potential, plus a desire to be an innovative team member are essential.
We are keen that the specific responsibilities of this post be decided between you and the Head of Mathematics, based on your individual strengths and interests.
You will be:
- an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
- able to inspire and challenge students using our Mathematics Mastery approach to learning
- committed to raising standards for all
- able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace and initiate new ideas.
In return we will offer:
- newly refurbished learning spaces with state-of-the-art interactive white boards and sound systems
- a supportive and friendly working environment with well established "well-being" programmes
- an excellent programme of induction into the academy with supportive and dynamic staff
- outstanding career development opportunities with the possibility of being Head of Department from September 2020.
You are invited to visit the academy and meet the team. Please contact Claire Bailey, PA to the Principal, on (01638) 664412 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
An application pack can be found on the academy website: www.newmarketacademy.co.uk or can be obtained by contacting us.
Completed applications, including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role, should be addressed to Nick Froy, Principal, and submitted to Claire Bailey, PA to the Principal, at: email@example.com or posted to: Newmarket Academy, Exning Road, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 0EB.
Interview date: w/c 4 March 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.