- Debenham High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £63,975 - £70,556 pa
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 06 July 2020 10:00 AM
Required from January 2021.
Debenham High School, a high-achieving Church of England Academy, is seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated professional to significantly contribute to the leadership of the school. This is an extremely exciting time to join our incredible team of staff.
We are looking for an exceptional leader who knows what outstanding looks like. Our senior leaders are expected to inspire our community and lead our stand-alone academy with acumen, integrity and compassion. They should bring considerable passion and high levels of energy to the role. You will play a key role in supporting the Headteacher in leading the operational and ongoing strategic development of the school.
The success of our school is built on the foundation of strong relationships and an ethos of support and care that underpins all that we do. It is expected that the Deputy Headteacher will be in sympathy with the Christian ethos of the school. You will demonstrate such values and set this example to our school community.
The school has:
- an excellent academic record (ranked 11th nationally in The Times State Secondary Schools 2019, 2019 80% Grade 4+ English and mathematics, 71% Grade 5+, Progress 8 0.70)
- * an enviable reputation and is consistently oversubscribed
- a hardworking and committed staff
- a school community with a genuine family ethos
- a very sound financial base and well-resourced school site
- experienced and ambitious leadership team and a supportive Governing Body
- Teaching School status and an established track record with the DfE for delivering on grant-funded training
- Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ (2008)
- SIAMS ‘Outstanding’ (2017)
- lovely students who engage well in their learning and their community
- a rich and diverse range of extra-curricular activities.
Roll: 675 students; aged 11 - 16.
Debenham is a large, attractive village 14 miles north of Ipswich and 30 miles south of Norwich; it is an excellent and attractive area for families and Mid Suffolk has been judged on a wide range of criteria to be among the best locations in which to live.
Further details about our school are available on our school website.
Under normal circumstances we would encourage individual visits with any potential candidates, however, in light of the current global situation this will not be possible. If you would like to organise a pre-application discussion with Julia Upton, Headteacher, please email Jules Norman: email@example.com to arrange a convenient time.
For an application pack, please see the school website: debenhamhigh.co.uk/staff/vacancies
Alternatively, an application pack is available to download from the related information section.
Completed applications should be returned to Jules Norman, Office Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 13 July 2020, either within school or online.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all posts at Debenham High School.