- Stowmarket High School
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + TLR1 (£9,472)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 26 April 2019 10:00 AM
Required from September 2019.
Are you an ambitious, motivated, forward thinking, enthusiastic educational practitioner?
Are you looking for an exciting new teaching and leadership opportunity that will be professionally invigorating, challenging and rewarding?
We are seeking to appoint a transformational leader who will help the school continue to develop and thrive as a successful comprehensive school by making a direct contribution to raising achievement in science.
You will be an inspirational person and must have the ability to teach KS3, KS4 and preferably KS5; we are looking for a person with outstanding leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills to drive forward the changes that will lead to Science being regarded as a beacon of excellence in the school.
- be able to enthuse and motivate students
- be motivated, enthusiastic, creative and resilient
- have a passion for your subject
- have a proven track record in the classroom
- be a successful leader and manager who has led, implemented and managed change
- develop new ways of learning to adapt to the new curriculum
- demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- be able to analyse and interpret data to improve outcomes
- have a growth mind-set, inspiring others and leading by example
- be committed to your own professional development with the aim of broadening your leadership remit in the future.
In return, we can offer you:
- a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues
- a strong focus on staff induction and ongoing professional development
- a consistent and supportive approach to behaviour for learning together
- an inspirational and enthusiastic leadership team
- the opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- a child care voucher scheme
- a commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance
Stowmarket High School is situated in picturesque mid Suffolk with excellent commuter links to Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11 - 18 Academy and part of Waveney Valley Academies Trust. Construction of a new school has commenced on our current site and we plan to move in to our new state of the art building in 2020.
Visits to the school are welcome. To arrange a visit, please contact Michele Miall, Headteacher's PA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and to apply, please visit our website at: www.stowhigh.com
Completed application forms should be returned to Michele Miall, Headteacher's PA at: email@example.com
Interview date: w/c 29 April 2019.
Stowmarket High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.