- Ormiston Sudbury Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR +TLR 1A*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 01 February 2019 01:00 PM
Required from Easter 2019.
This is a new post at the academy is an opportunity for an experienced and inspiring Teacher of Science (Chemistry preferable), with a passion for the subject, to develop the STEM agenda whilst initially overseeing the faculty (during a maternity leave) and developing links across a triad of OAT academies. As a key colleague, you will work closely with SLT and in conjunction with other faculty leaders across three secondary academies.
Ormiston Sudbury Academy is a "Good" school (Ofsted 2018), well on its way to being outstanding. We encourage all students to be the best that they can be, seeing each individual as unique, with their own strengths and areas to improve. Our students enjoy their lessons, they are inspired to be inquisitive about their learning; staff provide each one of them with personalised academic challenge that enables them to realise their potential.
Achievement in science has risen in the past three years across both KS4 and KS5. It is a faculty where "...teachers use their strong subject knowledge well to promote secure progress in all year groups..." (Ofsted).
- be a very good classroom practitioner with a strong record of achieving good outcomes and a clear commitment to helping students reach their full potential
- possess a high level of professionalism
- have a desire to develop excellence and be an outstanding teacher
- be a committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- share the Principal's vision to offer an exceptional education for all students on a day-to-day basis
- be resilient and accepting of challenge and change.
We can offer you:
* an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation, where you will have access to promotion opportunities and superb professional development
* a happy and supportive work environment, with high expectations of staff and students.
We welcome applications from any high performing, passionate, experienced and qualified teachers looking for a new challenge or career progression.
For further information, please visit: www.ormistonsudbury.co.uk
Alternatively contact Kirsty Phillips, Data Manager or Caroline Wilson, Principal on (01787) 375131 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or: email@example.com
* TLR 1A is currently £7,853.
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Applications should be posted via email to the Data Manager, Kirsty Phillips at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 4 Feb 2019.
Ormiston Sudbury Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Ormiston Sudbury Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.