- Stoke High School - Ormiston Academy
- Place of work:
- Job term:
- Part Time
- Closing date:
- 26 October 2020 08:00 AM
MPR / UPR (0.8 FTE) + TLR 2a (£2,873)
At Stoke High School we have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and inspirational teacher who wants to make a real difference and who is capable of leading the Music Department through its next stage of development.
We are really excited about the changes that have been made at the school and you can find out more about them here: http://www.stokehighoa.co.uk/virtual-guide/
We are looking for:
- someone with as much enthusiasm about music as we have
- an inspirational teacher, who believes in high aspirations for all students
- an individual who is highly creative and enthusiastic
- someone who gets on well with their colleagues and wants to work in a positive environment.
This position could be for either an experienced Music Teacher or for someone with much less experience but with bags of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
We have spent a lot of money recently updating our music rooms. We have lots of new instruments including a State-of-the-Art Bose PA system, electric drum kit, class set of keyboards, ukuleles and guitars, 24 PCs and iRig keyboards in a fully air-conditioned classroom. We have two newly refurbished practise rooms and we have created an Open Mic area for our Community café.
- We are a really exciting and interesting place to be. We have a large number of very bright and able students and a higher than average percentage of EAL and PP students.
- Staff and students are very positive and it is a vibrant and exciting place to work.
- We have lots of staff events to keep our brilliant people happy: yoga every Wednesday; running club every Thursday; coffee and cake club every Tuesday; a weekly squash ladder; bake-off challenge; staff social events; badminton tournaments; staff netball and we have a fantastic new gym that staff use every day.
We are part of one of the largest trusts in the country and there are lots of opportunities to share ideas and collaborate.
We work closely with two local secondary schools and this allows the departments to share training and resources.
Please contact Andrew Robinson, Principal on (01473) 601252 for an informal chat and to arrange a visit to the Academy or email: email@example.com
An application form can be downloaded from our website: www.stokehighoa.co.uk
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Academy: Maidenhall Approach, Ipswich IP2 8PL.
CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 8am, 26 October 2020. We reserve the right to close applications early.
Proposed interview date: 28 October 2020. Interviews may be conducted earlier for suitable candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.