- Felixstowe Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR + TLR2b (£4,100)
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 20 May 2019 11:30 PM
Required from September 2019.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Leader of Business Studies with a passion for accelerating progress within our Business Studies department. You will have the ability to teach across the full age and ability range and will be able to enthuse, engage and motivate our students to achieve their full potential. This is an exciting time to join us on our journey of improvement and play a key part in transforming the lives of our young people.
You will be:
- an excellent teacher of business studies
- a committed team player
- able to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
- committed to Felixstowe Academy's ethos
- passionate and ambitious about your own career development.
We are a friendly and welcoming department which is forward thinking, innovative and passionate about teaching.
Felixstowe Academy is situated on the beautiful Suffolk coast; a fantastic place to live and work, and a reasonable travelling distance from London, Cambridge and Norwich. We are an inclusive 11-18 Academy and part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). We have a new state of the art building equipped with a 'super-lab', several multi-purpose learning spaces and performance spaces which are set in large grounds on the edge of Felixstowe.
There is an opportunity to share accommodation nearby at a subsidized rent.
Technology is at the cutting edge of developments, with Chromebooks for students in KS4 and KS5. Achievement and participation in Sports and Arts are very high with students succeeding at local, county and national level.
We can offer you:
- a welcoming environment with supportive colleagues, and a strong focus on staff induction, training and development
- excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- a teachers' pension scheme
- the opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite.
We take staff wellbeing very seriously and have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and an employee assistance programme.
AET believes that every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what's possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted.
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Julie Cumberland on (01394) 288228.
To apply please click the link: https://bit.ly/2Ujt1Mc
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.