- Ormiston Denes Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Fixed Term
- Closing date:
- 29 November 2018 12:00 PM
Teacher of Physical Education 0.5 FTE and Science or Mathematics 0.5 FTE.
Required from January 2019. Fixed term until 31 December 2019.
Ormiston Denes is a thriving and ambitious academy, rapidly moving towards Ofsted 'Outstanding'. We place a high value on staff development, both in teaching and leadership, and we are looking for a committed, talented individual to join our art department.
You will be joining a well-resourced, supportive academy full of excellent practitioners, keen to share best practice and continue moving forward. We also work collaboratively with other Ormiston Academies, both locally and nationally. This ensures we are at the leading edge of the latest developments and are able to deliver the highest quality career professional development, and provide progression opportunities within the trust.
Our aim is for every student to make outstanding progress in every subject. This is through receiving engaging teaching that focuses on engendering a love of learning.
If you are looking to work in a vibrant academy which expects nothing but the best for its students, places a high value on the professional development of its staff, and feel you have the qualities to meet the demands of this rewarding position, then we wish to hear from you.
Applications from NQTs or experienced teachers are welcomed.
We are looking for an individual who:
- has a passion for physical education and science or mathematics, and a special gift of communicating that passion
- is innovative, self-motivating and able to inspire others
- has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age and ability range
- has the highest expectation for the attainment of all young people
- enjoys working as part of a team to ensure the success of the department and the academy
- is driven to relentlessly remove barriers to students' success.
In return, Ormiston Denes Academy will offer you:
- a thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence
- a supportive, welcoming community of professionals
- extensive development and collaboration opportunities, throughout the Ormiston network
- lower than average class sizes to allow maximum personalisation for students
- higher than guided non-contact time, to allow for collaboration and quality student feedback.
For further details, an informal discussion with the Head of Physical Education, or to make arrangements to visit the academy, please contact Dawn Carver via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. (01502) 574474.
For more information on Ormiston Academies Trust, please visit: www.ormistonacademiestrust.co.uk
Application packs are available for download at: www.ormistondenes.co.uk/about-us/vacancies
Alternatively, an application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.