- Ormiston Sudbury Academy
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- MPR / UPR
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 02 April 2020 01:00 PM
Required from September 2020.
We are seeking a Teacher of Science, with a passion for their subject, to join our team of talented staff.
Well on its way to being 'Outstanding', Ormiston Sudbury Academy is a 'Good' school (Ofsted, March 2018). "A particular focus on improving pupils' progress in mathematics and science has led to significant improvements in both subjects. Where progress is particularly strong it is as a result of teachers' high levels of subject knowledge, which they use effectively to question pupils, offer support and provide additional challenge. Positive relationships between staff and students mean that students are confident to take risks, while teachers' planning is effective in taking into account students' different starting points. Pupils behave well around the school and in lessons. They are polite, friendly and welcoming."
Our vision within the Science Faculty at OSA is to inspire students to understand the world they live in through learning science; this is achieved by offering students a broad and balanced curriculum that allows for clear progression from KS3 - KS5. The Science Faculty is very successful, results have shown a significant improvement since opening as an academy with results for our students improving year on year; this is testament to the hard work and dedication of both teachers and students alike.
We encourage all students to be the best that they can be, seeing each individual as unique, with their own strengths and areas to improve. Our students enjoy their lessons; they are inspired to be inquisitive about their learning; staff provide each one of them with personalised academic challenge that enables them to realise their potential.
- be a good classroom practitioner with a strong record of achieving good outcomes and a clear commitment to helping students reach their full potential
- possess a high level of professionalism
- engage in the range of CPD opportunities offered
- have a desire to develop excellence and be an outstanding teacher
- be a committed team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- share the Principal's vision to offer an exceptional education for all students on a day to day basis.
We can offer you:
- an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation, where you will have access to promotion opportunities and superb professional development
- a happy and supportive work environment, with high expectations of staff and students.
We welcome applications from any high performing, passionate, qualified teachers or NQTs looking for a new challenge or career progression.
For further information visit: www.ormistonsudbury.co.uk
An application pack can be downloaded from the related information section.
Completed applications should be emailed directly to the Principal, Caroline Wilson: email@example.com
Ormiston Sudbury Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ormiston Sudbury Academy is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.