- Olive AP Academy Suffolk (Central)
- Place of work:
- Salary details:
- £79,748 - £87,960*
- Job term:
- Full Time
- Closing date:
- 05 February 2020 12:00 PM
Required from April 2020, or soon as available.
Do you share our determination to give the most vulnerable children and young people access to the best education?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Headteacher to join our pioneering network of alternative provision academies.
Could you lead our Suffolk academy in the next phase of its journey towards becoming an outstanding alternative provision school?
We are keen to appoint a leader who:
- understands the challenges many of our pupils face
- has experience of leading an inclusive school
- shares our determination to shape and deliver a continuum of inclusive provision for vulnerable children and young people.
We expect our Headteacher to bring with them significant knowledge and expertise (this could be from a primary school, secondary school or pupil referral unit background) that they will share and embed at our academy.
Based in Stowmarket, our headteacher will have the opportunity to develop strategic links with a number of mainstream academies and schools, further developing the academy's outreach service.
Olive AP Academy - Suffolk has up to 92 pupils on roll at any time and offers support to pupils in KS2 - KS4 with complex or medical needs and those who have been permanently excluded from school. Find out more on our website: apsuffolk.oliveacademies.org.uk
Olive Academies is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust; it is one of the first academy sponsors specialising in alternative provision in England. We have three academies in Thurrock, Havering and Suffolk and an outreach service.
Our network of academies support children and young people who have experienced difficulty in learning in mainstream schools. We work with pupils who are at risk of exclusion, those who have been permanently excluded from school and those who have medical needs.
Our aim is to transform the lives of children and young people for whom traditional teaching methods have not worked. We help our pupils develop the confidence, skills and knowledge to believe that they can be successful in their own lives.
Our approach is based on a globally recognised pedagogical approach, Expeditionary Learning, which accelerates learning and achievement for children and young people who may have experienced disadvantage, trauma and barriers to their learning.
Reports to: Annabel Bates, Director of Academies, Olive Academies.
* plus wellbeing benefits and relocation package offered
More information about our trust and the way we work, please visit our website: www.oliveacademies.org.uk
At Olive Academies, we can offer you:
- a great place to work. A supportive, highly skilled team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
- attractive pay and conditions - a competitive salary and relocation package is offered for this role
- access to a range of employee benefits to support health and wellbeing including Cycle Scheme, PerkBox, MyGym, Employee Assistance Programme and more
- high-quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
- the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum
- a chance to join a pioneering network of academies which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do.
Our academies always welcome visits from potential candidates.
Please contact Annabel Bates, Director of Academies, Olive Academies on (01449) 613931 or email: email@example.com to arrange a visit or to have a confidential conversation about the role.
Download a recruitment pack and application form from our website: www.oliveacademies.org.uk/working-with-us
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: w/c 10 February 2020.
Olive Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all our staff to share this commitment.